Nothing beats a comforting crispy garlicky chicken recipe on a cold winter night. This Hotpoint recipe is quick to prepare, full of flavour and is ready in just 25minutes. Perfect for a tasty midweek meal.
a red onion
125g baby new potatoes
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 x 120g free-range chicken breast, skin on
2 cloves of garlic
6 ripe cherry tomatoes, on the vine
1. Preheat the microwave to 200 ºC using the quick heat setting.
2. Lightly grease the dynamic crisp plate with olive oil, place in the microwave, and switch to the dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes to preheat.
3. Peel and slice the onion into 6 wedges, and halve the potatoes lengthways, then place in a mixing bowl with the thyme sprigs, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
4. Using the crisp handle, remove the crisp plate from the microwave and carefully add the veg mixture, making sure that the potatoes are cut-side down.
5. Place back in the microwave and cook on the dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes, then remove and give the plate a little shake to loosen.
6. Drizzle the chicken with 1 teaspoon of oil, season with salt and pepper, then place skin-side down on the crisp plate, moving the veg to allow the skin to touch the crisp plate, if needed.
7. Bash and scatter over the unpeeled garlic cloves, then cook for a further 3 minutes on the dynamic crisp setting, then remove.
8. Add the tomatoes, flip the chicken skin-side up, and cook on the dynamic crisp setting for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is crisp, golden and cooked through.
9. When the time's up, plate up and tuck in. Delicious served with a seasonal salad.