For the Cake
2 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed
35g pumpkin seeds
40g walnuts, toasted and broken up
2 medium bananas, peeled and quartered
3 tbsp ground flax
100g coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 orange, zest and juice
1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
150g plain flour
50g rolled oats
0.5 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
0.25 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp almond milk
For the Icing
150g raw cashews, soaked in cold water overnight
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 lemon, juiced
A handful toasted coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 180 °C.
2. Mix the ground flax with 8 tbsp of cold water and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Using your Multipro Compact Food Processor, fitted with the coarse grating plate, shred the carrots. Add the grated carrot to a bowl. Add in the raisins, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
4. Change the attachment to the knife blade (no need to clean the bowl!). Mix the banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, ground flax mixture, orange juice and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
5. Combine the remaining dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
6. Gradually add the content of the processor bowl to your large mixing bowl, until you have a smooth mixture.
7. Add the contents of the carrot bowl and stir to combine.
8. Loosen the mixture with the almond milk and pour into a parchment-lined loaf tin (800g/2lb standard loaf tin)
9. Place the loaf into your preheated oven and bake for 1 hour (or until the cake is firm to touch).
10. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
11. While the cake is cooling you can prepare the icing. In the blender goblet of your Multipro Compact food processor, combine all the icing ingredients until you have a smooth mixture.
12. Scrape into q bowl, cover with clingfilm, and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
13. When the cake has cooled and the icing has been chilled, spread the icing over the cake. Decorate with toasted coconut flakes, orange zest and pumpkin seeds.
Check out the full range ofKenwood Appliances here!