Same-Day Click & Collect
From any one of our 23 stores
Looking for the best Christmas recipes to treat your friends and family this Christmas? Try this twist on a classic whole Christmas ham with this recipe from NEFF. The cider gives the ham an extra dimension of flavour while helping to stop the meat from drying out during cooking.
Preheat the oven to 160 °C CircoTherm. High Added Steam.
1. Ask your butcher to weigh the ham and take note as most domestic scales won't be able to take the weight of the ham. Soak the ham in plenty of cold water for several hours or overnight.
2. To work out the total cooking time, allow 40 minutes to the kilo plus 20 minutes. Line the universal pan with a sheet of baking parchment.
3. Put the prepared vegetables into the bottom of the pan. Then drain the ham and place it on the bed of vegetables. Pour over the cider. Cover the ham with foil and place in the oven. Set the timer to go off one hour before the total cooking time is up. For example, if the total cooking time is 4 hours, remove the ham from the oven after 3 hours.
4. Turn the heat up to 170 ºC.
5. Skin the ham leaving a thin layer of fat behind. Using a sharp knife lightly score the fat. Mix together the mustard, sugar and honey. Spread over the ham and stud with the cloves.
6. Place the ham back in the oven and cook for the remaining hour. Rest for at least 30 minutes before carving.
Get exclusive email offers!