You cannot make a brunch without some sort of tasty egg dish! Shakshuka is a baked egg and tomato dish that pairs perfectly with some homemade hash browns, crusty bread, or a warm pitta.
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 large onion, diced
2 bell peppers, diced
1 tbsp of tomato puree
100g of feta cheese
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp of chilli flakes
1 tsp of smoked paprika
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 180°. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in an oven-safe pan, add your diced onion and bell pepper. Cook on medium heat until the onion has softened.
2. Add the garlic, tomato paste, paprika and chilli flakes. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add both tins of tomatoes, fresh coriander, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Take the pan off the heat. Use a spoon to create small pocket holes in your mixture. Crack the eggs into the holes and season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the pan to the oven to bake. The baking time will vary depending on how you like your eggs! About 8 minutes will give a runny yolk. 6. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle feta cheese, fresh coriander and chilli flakes to taste. Serve immediately. Shop our full range of food prep in-store or online now!