Free Click & Collect
From any one of our 23 stores
We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager. This is a position that will suit an organised and energetic candidate who is adaptable in their approach and will be at ease in supporting the business with appropriate risk and compliance advice, as well as having a direct and indirect impact on customer experience. The successful applicant will be responsible for co-ordinating, supporting and advising the business on all aspects of Occupational Health and Safety including Fire Safety.
The role holder will manage and monitor standards, processes, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Occupational Health and Safety and Fire Safety are compiled within DID. This role also encompasses a key part of the training strategy for DID and will incorporate delivery of process throughout the estate.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Operations team and will facilitate effective collaborative and communication with colleagues throughout the business. The position requires a strategic approach to the advancement of services and structures, embracing continuous improvement and the management of changes necessary to achieve organisational objectives.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
· Ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Communicates in a professional manner and effectively manages relationships.
· Works well within a team, flexible and willing to learn and share.
· Demonstrate ambition and initiative in their work.
· Open to change in a fast-moving industry.
· Be results orientated.
· Be supportive of colleagues in a team environment.
· Have an ability to learn new business processes and operationalise training provided on new business applications.
Get exclusive email offers!