Free Click & Collect
From any one of our 23 stores
· Day to day management of all operational and administrative issues within the logistics department.
· You will liaise with Head of Logistics and Warehouse on a daily basis. The Head of Logistics and Warehouse is your first point of contact for raising any concerns or issues. You will also manage and be responsible for achieving and exceeding assigned business targets, sales budgets, KPIs and discount, cost control, demonstrating ambition and profit focus.
· You are a people manager as well as a Logistics Manager. Remember you are responsible for the wellbeing of your team. You are responsible for Learning and Development. You must be able to identify their training needs & to act upon it, regular performance reviews, having that open and honest conversation if needed, also to manage any areas of underperformance.
· Plan/schedule daily van routes throughout the year.
· Plan/schedule staff roster to ensure adequate/efficient cover at all times.
· Ensure all timesheets are completed and staff are paid correctly.
· Ensure all staff are trained in all appropriate areas and that training is updated as required and customer care policies re-enforced.
· Ensure all staff are fully advised of all Health & Safety policies and comply at all times for their safety and the safety of others
· Ensure all truck drivers are in compliance with all RSA policies.
· Review all staff throughout the year
· Ensure all revenue versus expenses are monitored and managed.
· Correspond regularly with Branch Managers to ensure best service is being attained at all times.
· Deal effectively and promptly with all installation problems that arise.
· Implementing performance management and improvement processes that have a positive impact both internally and with customers
· . Make recommendations for improvements in logistics procedures and processes, including review of our current distribution model.
· Ensure vehicle maintenance, service, roadworthiness, tax, insurance is in order.
· Ensure all vehicles are kept in a clean condition inside and out.
· Ensure all necessary tools, safety clothes, electrical, plumbing parts, hand trollies etc. are provided at all times.
· Ensure all vehicle inspection log books are completed daily.
· Ensure world class levels of customer service from the team as a whole. Fully understand your customer needs and requirements.
· Responsible for health and safety within the Department, this includes but is not limited to security issues and breaches.
· For any HR concerns, remember you are first point of contact for your team. Ensure you start any conversation with the correct procedures and policies in mind. Counsel, advise and instruct/ train your team in all policies and procedures; this includes but not limited to HR, H & S etc. Ensure that you are familiar with all HR and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
· Lead by a positive example always. Your team look to you as their leader and the customers look to you as the head of the store.
· Uphold the Company Values.
· Other ad hoc duties may be assigned to you from time to time.
Experience & Skills Required
· Strong and motivated leader who is able to lead by example with a result focus.
· A self-starter with resilience and a passion to succeed both personally and organisationally
· Business minded, change orientated and pro-active
· Excellent influencer at all organisational levels, including the ability to develop credibility quickly with senior managers/decision makers
· Relevant experience as a Logistics Manager.
· Communicates in a professional manner and effectively manages relationships.
· Works well within a team, flexible and willing to learn and share.
· Open to change in a fast-moving industry.
· Have a passion for technology and curiosity for innovation.
· Be supportive of colleagues in a team environment.
· Have an ability to learn new business processes and operationalise training provided on new