Free Click & Collect
From any one of our 23 stores
Job descriptionDID Electrical is currently recruiting for a Branch Manager, Midlands.
The successful candidate must be results driven and strive to meet and exceed sales and profitability for the store. As a store Manager you should inspire your team by leading a customer centric agenda from the front and promote and deliver high performance on learning and development in a positive environment.
You will be accountable for the overall running of the store; this includes but is not limited to delivering on sales, health & safety, legal compliance and stock accuracy. You will actively liaise with your Line Manager on all operational issues. The store manager encourages and promotes a positive store culture in line with DID Electricals’ core values.
Electrical retail experience is an advantage.
· Day to day management of all operational and administrative issues within the branch. This includes but not limited to the opening and closing the store as well as staff rostering and the security of both the store and your team.
· You will liaise with Line Management on a daily basis. Line management is your first point of contact for raising any concerns or issues. You will also manage and be responsible for achieving and exceeding assigned business targets, sales budgets, KPIs and discount, cost control, demonstrating ambition and profit focus.
· You are a people manager as well as a Branch Manager Designate. Remember you are responsible for the well being of your team. You are responsible for Learning and Development. You must be able to identify their training needs & to act upon it, regular performance reviews, having that open and honest conversation if needed, also to manage any areas of under performance.
· The store manager is responsible for managing merchandising and stock levels within the store. As well as being accountable for stock loss and stock takes. The manager is also responsible for overseeing support to the company’s online department.
· Analyse and interpret trends by keeping an eye on the market, to include visiting local competitors’ stores and keeping an eye on media channels. Looking out always for opportunity to improve your overall stores performance.
· Ensure world class levels of customer service from the team as a whole. Fully understand your customer needs and requirements.
· Ensure your store is always presented to the best of its ability for your customers and your team alike. Walk the floor regularly with your team and customers in order to hear their opinions of your store.
· Responsible for health and safety within the store, this includes but is not limited to security issues and breaches.
· For any HR concerns, remember you are first point of contact for your team. Ensure you start any conversation with the correct procedures and policies in mind. Counsel, advise and instruct/ train your team in all policies and procedures; this includes but not limited to HR, H & S etc. Ensure that you are familiar with all HR and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
· Lead by a positive example always. Your team look to you as their leader and the customers look to you as the head of the store.
· Uphold the Company Values.
· Other ad hoc duties may be assigned to you from time to time.
Managing your profit and loss account, store KPI’s, cash (all elements around this), accountability for stock takes, stock discrepancies
Experience & Skills Required
Previous experience as a Manager or high level Assistant Manager.
· Strong and motivated leader who is able to lead by example with a result focus.
· Excellent influencer at all organisational levels, including the ability to develop credibility quickly with senior managers/decision makers
· Relevant experience as an Assistant Manager.
· Communicates in a professional manner and effectively manages relationships.
· Works well within a team, flexible and willing to learn and share.
· Open to change in a fast-moving industry.
· Have a passion for technology and curiosity for innovation.
· Be supportive of colleagues in a team environment.
· Have an ability to learn new business processes and operationalise training provided on new business applications.