Free Click & Collect
From any one of our 23 stores
DID Electrical is currently recruiting for Assistant Managers in our Dublin Branches.
An Assistant Manager will assist the Branch Manager in looking after the entire branch portfolio. The successful candidate will work closely with the Branch Manager to inspire the team by leading a customer centric agenda from the front and promote and deliver high performance on learning and development in a positive environment. You will also support the branch manager with duties such as delivering on sales, health & safety, legal compliance and stock accuracy. The assistant manager must inspire and promotes an encouraging store culture in line with DID Electricals’ core values.
Electrical retail experience would be an advantage.
· Day to day management of all operational and administrative issues within the branch. This includes but not limited to the opening and closing the store as well as staff rostering and the security of both the store and your team.
· You will liaise with your manager on a daily basis. Your manager is you first point of contact for raisin any concerns or issues. You will also manage and be responsible for achieving and exceeding assigned business targets, sales budgets, KPIs and discount, demonstrating ambition and profit focus.
· Responsible for all Branch Manager duties during Branch Manager’s annual leave or any other leave.
· Manage and be responsible for achieving and exceeding assigned business targets, sales budgets, KPIs and discount, demonstrating ambition and profit focus.
· Responsible for delegating daily tasks to the team and drive sales, service, productivity, online support and standards throughout the Branch.
· Ensure you are aware of all details around our Company offers as well as having them highlighted within your store. Ensure world class levels of customer service from the team as a whole. Fully understand your customer needs and requirements.
· Along with the Branch manager, you are responsible for the wellbeing of your team. You are responsible for Learning and Development. You must be able to identify their training needs & to act upon it, regular performance reviews, having that open and honest conversation if needed, also to manage any areas of underperformance.
· Assist the Branch Manager with regular team meetings, to keep your team up to date with any developments they may need to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.
· For any HR concerns, remember you and the branch manager are first point of contact for your team. Ensure you start any conversation with the correct procedures and policies in mind. Counsel, advise and instruct/ train your team in all policies and procedures; this includes but not limited to HR, H & S etc. Ensure that you are familiar with all HR and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
· Lead by a positive example always. Your team look to you as their leader and the customers look to you and the branch manager as the head of the store.
· Uphold the Company Values.
· Other ad hoc duties may be assigned to you from time to time.
Store KPI’s, cash (all elements around this), accountability for stock takes, stock discrepancies
Experience & Skills Required
· Excellent customer service relationship builder with a passion for providing world-class customer and service delivery
· Strong and motivated leader who is able to lead by example with a result focus
· A self-starter with resilience and a passion to succeed both personally and organisationally
· Business minded, change orientated and pro-active
· Excellent influencer at all organisational levels, including the ability to develop credibility quickly with senior managers/decision makers
· Relevant experience as a Keyholder or Supervisor.
· Communicates in a professional manner and effectively manages relationships.
· Works well within a team, flexible and willing to learn and share.
· Open to change in a fast-moving industry.
· Have a passion for technology and a curiosity for innovation.
· Be supportive of colleagues in a team environment.
· Have an ability to learn new business processes and operationalise training provided on new business applications.
· The expected succession planning future job roles for an Assistant Manager could be a Branch Manager or another role to suit an individual’s competencies