Looking for something tasty in a hurry? Why not give this vegetarian microwave chilli recipe a go. ?️
½ small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
Knob of butter
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp paprika (sweet or smoked)
Pinch of chilli flakes or chilli powder
400g can chopped tomatoes, drained and juice reserved
400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
½ vegetable stock cube
2 squares dark chocolate
Sour cream, to serve (optional)
Coriander, to serve (optional)
1. Put the onion, garlic, butter and spices in a microwaveable container and stir.
2. Heat in the microwave on high for 30-40 secs.
3. Leave to stand for 1 min, then add the chopped tomatoes, beans, stock cube and chocolate.
3. Cover with cling film and pierce 3 times.
4. Place some kitchen paper on your microwave turntable, put the container on top and cook for 2 mins on high.
5. Stir well and leave to stand for 1 min. If your chilli starts to dry out, add some of the reserved tomato juice, but remember that it won’t reduce as much in the microwave as it would on the hob.
6. Cover and cook on medium for a further 2 mins.
7. Give it a stir and allow to stand for 1 min then serve topped with sour cream and coriander.
Shop our full range of food prep in-store or online now!