This NEFF inspired recipe is perfect for anyone who likes getting all their Christmas prep done the night before the big day. Plus, it will be cooked and ready to eat in just over an hour. So you don't have to spend the day cooking a full Christmas roast turkey. (It's also easier to carve and portion up!)
1 free-range bronze turkey breast, 1kg in weight
6-8 slices Parma ham
Salt and pepper.
For the stuffing
150g sausage meat
1 shallot, very finely chopped
1 small apple, cored, peeled and coarsely grated
50g cooked chestnuts, chopped
1 egg yolk
A handful of sage leaves, finely chopped.
Preheat the oven to 190°C Circo-Roasting. Low Added Steam.
1. First make the stuffing: Put all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl. Season well then mix together with your hands. Keep refrigerated until ready for use.
2. Lay the turkey breast on a chopping board and cut a pocket horizontally through the breast. Open out the turkey breast like a book and season with salt and pepper.
3. Form the stuffing into a sausage shape and place it in the center of the breast. Fold over and reshape the meat. Spread over the butter.
4. Lay 6-8 slices of Parma ham onto a sheet of cling film, overlapping the slices slightly. Lay the turkey on the Parma ham and use the cling wrap to surround the turkey breast in the Parma ham, keeping the stuffing in the middle. Wrap as tightly as possible in the cling wrap. Refrigerate for several hours.
5. Remove the cling wrap. Place on the wire shelf in the oven on shelf level 2 with the universal pan underneath. Roast for 30 minutes then turn the oven down to 170°C. Cook for a further 30 minutes.
6. To test if the turkey is done, insert a skewer into the thickest part of the meat. Any juices that come out should be clear.
7. Rest for 20 minutes in a warm place. Carve and serve warm.